Oops X 4.0? Last stable version on Debian was 3.2 was it not??

Am I right in saying that we are still on version 3.2 for X windows? If so will it hurt my system if I install the generic m68k X distribution. As long as I make sure there are links for the needed files. In case Debian puts files where the generic one does not.

If not, does any-one know when we will get a newer version in the stable distribution. I've tried installing the unstable side but it was no good for my needs :)

Cheers Dave.