(incomplete) boot-floppies for testing (was Re: Help needed?)

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 12:29:44AM +0100, Bob Vloon wrote:
> In the newsgroup comp.os.linux.m68k I noticed a mere "distress call" for help,
> so.. I'm quite a beginner for what the Mac concerns, but I've been using Debian
> for 3 years now on the i386 platform and I'm installing Slink on my Centris
> 610 at he moment.. Maybe time to dive into things a bit more!
>
> So.. Where can I jump in?
Play a little with slink to get used to the pecularities (if any). Then
forget slink, its on CD, it does not need any more work. Test potato or look
for packages which are not yet ported to m68k/potato, look for bug reports
on them and try to fix them. File many many bug on contrib/non-free packages
if you want them for potato, the maintainers of those packages are a little
slow in fixing problems. Fix those bugs yourself, send a diff to the BTS.

But most important right now (I dont care about a few missing packages) are
the boot-floppies. I completed a partial build last night. Partial, because
I could only build the base.tgz and root and rescue images for amiga. There
is no driver.bin for amiga (failed...) and _nothing_  yet for mac and atari.
If you want to test it, look at
 http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/boot-floppies/
I guess you need only base2_2.tgz or one of the base[14|72] sets. This is
built with the 2.0.36 kernel, other arches might be able to use the slink
boot/rescue/driver.bin? No idea. Play with it and report experiences to this
list (not directly to me, I will not answer, I have no time). Dont ask me
where to get boot scripts and the like, linuxamiga should be on that site,
for all other things, use you imagination (read slink) or ask here.

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz