Re: Unidentified subject! (fwd)

Hi Michael

On 21-Mar-00, you wrote:

>> I'm not running base system, I have installed quite a lot. I have more or
>
> Regardless - if you have a running system based on slink, try to upgrade.

That was kind of what I was trying to say :). I will upgrade, no doubt about
that. Now that I can without ruining myself with big phonebills.

> Please read the debian-user list to catch potential pitfalls with
> dependencies during upgrade (I imagine some critical packages need to be
> upgraded in a particular order; I think apt-get was one of those you
> shouldn't upgrade in the wrong moment. bash, libc and libreadline are the
> other usual suspects).

I'll read that too. It's always helpful to get some insight in what to
expect and aviod.

> Change the default runlevel in /etc/inittab to 3 (big fat comment in
> inittab directs you to the right spot).

Thankyou for that one. It is a little annoying to rename XF86Config all the
time :)

Regards
--
Thomas Sjölin

http://www.infoscandic.se/~thomas

Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective
stories.
-- Arthur C. Clarke