Re: Unidentified subject!

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 23:03:41 +0100, Thomas Sjölin wrote:

 Hi,

> I would like a suggestion. I want to try things, explore and so on. I'm
> thinking about being able to run Mozilla, for example. Do I need to upgrade
> to potato or should I just upgrade the packages required. (Tried
> Mozilla-M13-4 and that didn't work because I couldn't locate libz1) What is
> best, install slink and then upgrade (or downgrade, whatever it really is?)
> or install potato from the biginning?

If you want to use potato packages, you'll have to upgrade to potato (slink
is glibc2.0, potato glibc2.1). AFAIK there aren't potato boot-floppies for
m68k yet, so you can't install it from scratch. If you really want it, start
from slink and upgrade, shouldn't be a problem (I've been using Debian
since hamm was in frozen, and gradually upgraded all the way to woody with
suprisingly few problems along the way).

However if it's just mozilla you're after, better forget about it right now.
It doesn't work at all at the moment (dies on startup). I'm hacking on it
every now and then, without much success so far though. Of course you're
welcome to start hacking on it, too. ;)

-Michael