Re: Can't compile 2.2.10 kernel for my A1200

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 01:04:44AM +0100, Diablo wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have problems with compile 2.2.10 kernel (downloaded form
> http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/LOCAL/680x0/) for my Amiga 1200 with
> Blizzard IV 68030/50Mhz, FPU 68882/50Mhz, 32MB fast RAM. At first look
> everything goes fine, vmlinux is created, but i can't boot linux from new
> kernel... Amiboot goes good, but then i can see only black scree and
> nothing hapens... What may be wrong?
the video option? add debug=mem to your boot line and check with dmesg (under
amigaos after rebooting) what happend.

>     And another thing, is that someone can send me his kernel (>2.2.x)
> working with my configuration (i need also ppp conections by modem, and vga
> monitor video mode)... I wuld be pleased for this kernel (or ewentually
> working config for hand compile kernel)... Please help me, because i'm
> bored still taying difrends kernel configurations and compiling (on my
> configuraion compile takes about one night)...
You poor guy.

I made a kernel-image for the (not so) forthcoming debian2.2 release. You
might want to try that, if I get more confirmations that it works for
people, I might upload that to the debian servers someday: look at
 http://www.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
for a deb to install or for a tar.gz with the image (and maybe the
modules?).

And read the FAQ for "how to build a kernel" questions.

You know that you will not have much fun with this kernel on a debian/slink
system?

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz