Re: Parse errors (was Re: Simple kernel compile)

> > Well, it's straight from stderr...I don't know why you would get it in
> > "octet-stream" format. I did email to myself in macos first, though.
> You attached the file, so it got converted to "something". Thats ok for
> binaries, but not necessary for text. Seems Michael is walking in Jes'
> footsteps :-)

Not that extreme. I was just pointing out that the attachment format was a
bit odd, so say the least. I agree with Jes that MIME is a load of crap,
and what's worse, a source of security loopholes. I've had to cope with
stupid mail systems for long enough to appreciate the simplicity of
uuencode, gzip and friends.

> > The kernel source is straight from kernel.org, and I used it to compile a
> argl. dont...

That's the problem right there. I wouldn't trust kernel.org for any arch
aside i386.