Re: Parse errors (was Re: Simple kernel compile)

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 09:51:01AM -0500, Russell Hires wrote:
> Well, it's straight from stderr...I don't know why you would get it in
> "octet-stream" format. I did email to myself in macos first, though.
You attached the file, so it got converted to "something". Thats ok for
binaries, but not necessary for text. Seems Michael is walking in Jes'
footsteps :-)

> BTW, Christian gave some good advice, and told me something I didn't know
> before (Imagine that! ;-) I will get the libc6-dev package and re-install it
> (if I even have it).
not sure, if thats it, but you might try.

> The kernel source is straight from kernel.org, and I used it to compile a
argl. dont...
> new kernel for linuxppc without any problem. (When I try doing a
lucky you. get the "original" m68k source.
> cross-compile on linuxppc with ARCH=m68k, I get some other errors, but I
> will explore that problem later.) I've even followed to instructions in the
> README in /usr/src/linux and checked to make sure I have all of the required
> software for doing a compile according to ./Documentation/Changes.
Hmm, did you create this linux to the linux includes? I think thats still in
the readme, but not necessary since quite some time, afaik. Better check the
kernel section in "our" FAQ:

> I will definitely read the FAQ, now that I know where one is, as it's not
> reference on the mac68k site (or is it?).
Its the linux-m68k FAQ. mac68k (or what ever it is called) is a subarch of
m68k, mac users, aehem, MACs are something special, so they have their own
web page. But better ask a Mac guy to explain the reason behind that, I
havent seen a mac in years.

> Thanks for all the help. This is fun!
Oh, yes? Then please shorten your mails a bit. You dont have to cite the
whole of Michaels email, nor include the full error messages again (even
though Michael should be able to read them now as well, btw mutt can read it
:-)
So just a few lines of the error message would have been enough, you noticed
that the error was (nearly) allways the same?

Christian
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz