Install help for new user

I am trying to install Slick onto an Mac LC475 w/68040/fpu 20 mb ram &
about 160 mb root & user and 36 mb swap. The Penguin 17 install goes ok
until it comes to installing base system where it asks me to find file
"base2_1.tgz" which I can't find on the FTP site. It seems that it won't
recognize the base directory files as they stand. Is there a patch to the
installer or do I need to create that archive?
I'm familiar with Mac, DOS, and Win, but a new user to Linux so that I
really know nothing and this was going to be my tutorial to the Unix world.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks.