Re: Gnome/Englightenment/KDE

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 11:51:38AM +0100, Michael Moll wrote:
> On 29-Nov-99, you wrote:
>
> > Well that is what I thought, but someone said KDE would not work on a
> > 68k machine. Is this not true or what??? I will look into it. Thanks
>
> QT and KDE don´t compile properly with the egcs-Package from slink, I used
> the gcc272-Package(g++272 should fix the problem) and now it works. Has
> anybody tried it with the new gcc 2.95.2?
Even worse, last time I tried, qt compiled just fine (that was with gcc 272,
when we still used that as the standard compiler) but it did not work. All
programs just compiled fine with the qt libs, but when you tried to execute
them they failed with some strange error. No idea what happened, since with
hamm qt was still working... so if you want to build your own KDE debs, try
to build them with qt from hamm. For slink qt was removed from the archives.
Its time that KDE switches to qt2, that one should work on m68k...

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz