Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 12:35:33PM +0100, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 09:40:44PM +0100, Yann Dirson wrote:
> >  > A, somehow, related question. How to get a correct keymap under X?
> >
> > Hm, X keymap setup is currently quite a distinct thing.  I hope to add
> > one day support for reading Xkb defs in console-tools, but there are
> > so much things to do ;)
> >
> > It would be great to share as much config info as we can with X,
> > though.  We'll see that when my code stabilizes for the console.
> >

> I seem to remember some stuff about X using the same keymap as the console,
> but i am not sure anymore about it. I did not do any config file editing when
> i installed X and it took my azerty keymap without major trouble (just the
> Delete/BackSpace stuff, but i guess it is not keymaps related). But then it
> was a long time ago.
No, this is just the point, I was trying to add something to Xmodmap to get
the "@" key working, can you produce an "@" on your amiga keyboard?
When I check the keymap (Amiga non A1000, german) it is displayed correctly,
but still I can not produce this key, even with an xmodmap entry, even when
I put it on the "Q", like on the PC. Xmodmap is working in principle (I
mapped the 2 on the 3 by mistake...) but not for the "@". Where does X get
the information about the keyboard? Its not from the console tools, is it?

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz