Re: Need your input for keymap configuration

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 09:37:38AM +0100, Roman Hodek wrote:

> > * meaningful descriptions for those keymaps I do not use...  For i386,
> > 	I classified them by Layout/Country_name/Variant_name.
>
> This should be easy done for the m68k maps, too. The layout is the
> subarch, the country name is obvious, and variants (nodeadkeys etc.)
> are usually already appended to the maps name.
Somehow I remember a problem I building consolte-tools or something, but I
cant find the log file, maybe I had a bad dream...
A, somehow, related question. How to get a correct keymap under X? For the
console we can reach now every key, but it does not work for me with X, I am
especially thinking of the "@" key here. It is registered in xmodmap, I
checked with xkeycaps, I even added it to the Q-key like on PC keyboards,
but still this key does not show up. On Amigas I have to press right Alt and
"2" to get the "@", when I do it under X I allways get the small 2 (²), on
the console everything is fine.

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz