Re: new install fails on reboot

Hi Gene,

I had trouble installing Slink on a Mac SE30 and I am still investigating
things. It seems as though the SCSI driver is the problem. With an older,
probably slower, disk I was able to get BSD running (didn't have Linux
then). Yet, with the larger, newer disk, it wouldn't install BSD and I had
real problems with Linux when trying to write the inode tables. It actually
completed after a long time and after skipping the disk checking process.

You might want to try playing with the 5380 driver settings in the boot
parameters. For the SE30 it was mac5380=4,2

My machine has been in for monitor repairs and so I haven't had it to play
with the settings till today actually. If I come up with anything I'll post
to the list.

Regards,
Nigel.