Installation on a IDE drive

Hello everyone,

We´re having trouble installing Debian in our Quadra 630 using an IDE drive.
The Penguin loader comes up fine but it stops at the partition check.... we
have created the partitions with the pdisk 68k and named them after the
linux device name, hda1, hda2, and so on. We have also tried naming them as
A/UX Root, A/UX Swap...

It finds the disk, we can see that it reads it but it can´t find the
partitions. Anyway, anyone ever had a problem like that?
I´ve searched through the Red Hat´s archive and found a similar problem with
a PC, but with no answer...

Thank you,

Cass Surek
cass@master.com.br