Re: Invitation for the 1999 Linux Hacker's Meeting

Sorry for quoting myself, but... read on.

Martin Schulze wrote:
> This is the official invitation for the the 1999 Linux Hacker Meeting
> in Oldenburg (formerly known as m68k Hacker's Meeting[1]).
>
> 	Date: 15th + 16th October 1999
>
> 	Location: Oldenburg, University, Wechloy
>
> The development meeting will take place at the same rooms like last
> year.  However, if "too" many people are coming, we're going to swab
> the rooms, so the bigger room would be used for working.  We're also
> organizing three independend power circuits that should help us avoid
> a general power failure. :-)
>
> We will get sponsored IP from the computing center of our University.
> We are trying to get food sponsored as well.  At this time I can't
> give prognostics if and how successful we will be.  If we aren't,
> there will be fluid stuff and rolls etc. for regular prices.  If we
> are, they will be free of charge.

This has been resolved.  Food will be sponsored.  Thus, no participation
fees will be taken.

> You may arrive on Thursday if you like.  You may also stay longer if
> you like.  If you need to picked up at the train station, let us know
> when you're going to arrive - i.e. tell us to receive a mobile number
> from one of us.
>
> To help us planing with the rooms, amount of food and other please
> fill out the following form and send it back to me.
>
> ------8<--------------------------8<------------------8<----------------
>
> Name .........................:
>
> Date of arrival ..............: ( ) Thursday, October 14th
>                                 ( ) Friday, October 15th
>                                 ( ) Saturday, October 16th
>
> Date of departure ............: ( ) Friday, October 15th
>                                 ( ) Saturday, October 16th
>                                 ( ) Sunday, October 17th
>                                 ( ) Monday, October 18th
>                                 ( ) later
>
> Number of machines ...........:
>
> Number of monitors ...........:
>
> Name may be placed on web page: ( ) yes
>                                 ( ) no
>
> If you don't know how many boxes and monitors you're going to take
> with you, please give a rough guess.  We only need this information to
> properly plan for our power supplies and room requirements.

If you know more people who would be interested but don't read the
lists where this letter is posted to, please forward it to them.

Regards,

	Joey

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee into theorems.