Re: Mounting TOS partition

>Another thing comes to my mind: Do you use the install programm of slink?
>It has a bug, it fails to recognise partitions in a drive, when the first
>partition exceeds half of the complete HD volume. But since it recognises
>the SCSI partition, it is unlikely that the bug causes the problem. Is
>this SCSI partition the only one on this drive?
>Where do you want to install Linux?
>
>Regards,
>
>Kerstin

I am using Ataboot to boot Linux and then a Debian installation program
comes up and takes me through some steps. I am planning on installing
Linux on a 1gig Jaz cart. So far it has worked. I partitioned the cart
using HDDriver and also changed the partition types to SWP and LNX. The
installation program recognizes both partitions and lets me initialize
a Swap and a Linux partition. The problem comes when it asks me where
the Debian folder is with the files I need to install in the base. When
Linux boots, it recognizes my IDE drive, scanner, CD-ROM and Jaz drive,
but the installation program does not let me choose my IDE (TOS
partitioned) drive an option. Once I get past this snag, installing
Linux will be a snap.

Edward S. Baiz Jr.
    (Gamer)
HADES 060: 140meg Ram, Yamaha CDRW drive, 1 gig Jaz
 drive, MicroTek E3 scanner, Mach 64 w/4meg Ram, Epson
 Photo 700 printer, 33.6 US Robotics modem
PROGRAMS: Extendos Gold, Cab 2.7, ScanX, STiK2, aFTP,
 Calamus SL99, Newsie, Popwatch, Papyrus 5, Photoline,
 Nova driver 2.67, NVDI 5