Re: Mounting TOS partition

Hi again,

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Edward S. Baiz Jr. wrote:

> >My idea is the following :
> >The Atari FS is not recognized by LinuX as far as I know, and there's no
> >solution for now.
> >(In fact mounting as MSDOS could work in case of little partitions, but
> >i don't think that's true.)
>
> Well I know it is possible, but other Atari owners are using it. There

The internal HD of my Atari TT was installed under TOS with the old AHDI
(= plain TOS-partitioning) divided into 10 partitions
(yeah, a perhaps a little bit exaggerated) and later, after upgrading to
MagiC transformed to VFAT. All partitions, including C (FAT only), are
addressed under MagiC with HDDriver now and can be mounted without
exceptions under Debian Linux 2.0 and 2.1!

Mounting command is:

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt

One problem you might encounter is that specific bug of the install
routine coming with slink. The only way to cope with it: Choose a harddisk
with the first partition smaller than half of the total disk volume.
That's what I had to do when installing slink on a 1 GB external HD.

> most be some trick to it as with most Atari programs.

No tricks, it should work the normal way. If tricks are necessary, it is
the installation soft to cope with it, not you.

I don't know the possible problems coming with an IDE drive though.

Regards,

Kerstin

--

	kerstin.hoef-emden@uni-koeln.de