Re: Amiga X (fwd)

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 03:25:55PM +0000, Manuel Veronesi wrote:
> Hello, Ciao, Olà,

Contrary to what you may think, X is not really so big. You will need
the following packages i think :

xserver-common
xserver-fbdev
xbase (*this one should be empty, not sure though*)
xbase-clients
xfonts-base
xlib6g

Maybe there are some missing, but that is most of them. Check
dependencies at :

http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/x11/

There you should also see the installed size of each package (or else
		  get the Packages file and look at it.)

Be aware though that there is a bug in the current afb (amiga hardware)
part of the X server, it was solved recently, but is still not in the
unstable debian packages, and surely not on the slink version that you
will most probably get on CD. This bug causes the server to crash when
using shared memory images or something such, Thus you will not be able
to use enlightenment, wmaker, gnome, mosaic, and any imlib app. If you
want something fancier than twm, try ctwm, it works, is small, and has
debian menu support in.

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER