Trying to boot a IIsi

I too am trying to boot a IIsi.  I've gotten a little farther that that but
I'm still running into problems.

my config is sda 150mb: All A/UX Root&Usr
                    sdb  40mb: 15Mb MacOS 7.5.1 25Mb Swap
                    5mb Ram.

It wouldn't boot at all with my ethernet card in, with the card out and the
following settings:

    "Use old ram detection"
    "Enable External Cache"

as well as boot args of "root=/dev/sda3"

I get to the point where the kernel panics with the message:
"can't find init, try setting the 'init=' parameter"

Am I missing some file in my debian dir?  or is there a value that I should
pass in with the init= parameter?  Many thanks,

                            Brendan Burns