wmaker and corrupted icons

hi again,

Nobody answered my question, so I`m re-posting it.
I wonder what`s wrong with Window Maker, it displays corrupted icons on my
8bit screen (silouettes are there, but the colors are totally screwed up).
With AfterStep everything was Ok.

I believe it`s because WMaker images are true-color, and slink X-server or
maybe WMaker itself doesn`t support converting them to 8bit? Is there  a way
to use WMaker on 8 bit screen without losing all the colors?

Please help. I suppose there`re enough knowledgeable people among 2000+ 68k
debian users?
Judging on this list, there`re no more than 10 people. Is it worth switching
over to the "debian users" ML, instead of this "debian 68k users"?

WBR,

Andrew Galinski