Re: Frustrated Amiga needs help at booting from HD!

Hello Patryk,

On 17-Aug-99, you wrote:

P£> Napisane 16-Sie-99 przez: Lee Elliott...
P£>
P£> [...]
P£>
P£>> To get my A1200 to boot after I'd completed StartInstall, I needed
P£>> to boot using:-
P£>
P£>>  amiboot-5.6 linuxamiga root=/dev/sda1 ro
P£>
P£>> which I put into an IconX file. Obviously I'm using a SCSI HD
P£>> whereas you're using IDE but the 'root=' may be important.
P£>
P£>> Definitely important, I had to make a copy of linuxamiga and rename
P£>> it to vmlinux. I found this using SnoopDOS.
P£>
P£> You may also have the proper kernel-image filename specified on the
P£> command line like '-k kernelfilename'. '-k linuxamiga' in your case
P£>
P£> 'amiboot-5.6 -d -k linuxamiga --keep-video video=cyberfb:1152x886-8
P£> root=/dev/hda7 ro'
P£>
P£> e.g. is mine. where '-d' gives you some more detailed info before
P£> actual boot and lets you change your mind before the inevitable
P£> AmigaOS dead. '-k' specifies the kernel filename and so on... All of
P£> this is described somewhere in the docs.
P£>

Thanks for the usefull info - I didn't find the m68k docs untill I'd got
past this point, and as it appeared to work 'normally' I didn't think
to go back and check.

Regards,

LeeE
--