Support for Macally 2-Btn ADB Mouse?

Hi everyone,

Recently I purchased a Macally 2-button programmable ADB mouse. It's cheap
and works nicely on my Centris, but doesn't work with Linux Mac-m68k. When
I move or click this mouse, either without X or with X under xdm, I get
floods of lines on the console and /var/log/syslog that have the form

	data from mouse: 0 3c 3c aa bb 88 88

where aa and bb are two-digit hexadecimal numbers.

The FAQ for Linux/m68k at http://www.mac.linux-m68k.org says merely:

> Some third-party 3 button mice are also supported. I have a
> Logitech MouseMan that works perfectly on the console and
> in X. All ADB mice are currently accessed in "cooked" mode
> through /dev/adbmouse. You should use the "busmouse" protocol
> for gpm and X.

What is "cooked" mode? What would be needed to get this mouse working with
Linux-m68k? Additional commands? Some kind of patch to adbmouse.c? A whole
new driver?

TIA,

Jonathan