Re: Fittest or best-recomended and "stable" 68kMac for debian

Jeramy Smith wrote:
> > > Tell me fittest or best-recomended and "stable" 68kMac for debian.
> >
> > A Quadra 800, what else?
> >
> www.mac.linux-m68k.org page it says scsi doesn't work on the 800, has this
> been fixed? I've been treating their list as my reference.

Lemme see. I think SCSI on the 800 (and similar machines) is working since
around January this year - or was it last year? I'm sure I can find one or
two other spots on that web site that clearly state this. The page in
question has never ever been updated, and was meant primarily as a
reference as to _what_ is in these Macs (pretty much a constant), not
whether it's supported (subject to change, hence volatile).

Last: If I say it's the 'best machine', just take my word for it (with a
grain of salt, of course, as far as personal taste and preferences gor).
I'm one of the few crazy people who made Linux run on this Mac. Porting
the SCSI driver (and Ethernet driver, ans writing the keyboard interface
driver) to this particular machine was done on the very Quadra 800 sitting
next to me in my office.