Re: A2K G-Force problems

On 19-Jul-99, you wrote:

I can't help you at the moment a)  because I've only just started looking at Debian/slink on my A1200/060 and b) because my A1500 (+G-Force 040/33/SCSI) motherboard is u/s.  BUT... because of the discrete components on the A1500 M/B, I hope to fix it (I'm pretty sure it's one of the P/S smoothing caps) and will then (try to) put Debian on it.  If it happens, I'll mail you.

LeeE

> I have asked that some time ago but still got no answers:
>
> Has anyone successfully installed and used debian on an A2000/GVP G-Force
> 030-50? I have tried it with 'hamm', Now tried the same with 'slink' and the
> problems persist. What problems?
>
> When installing it (sooner or later) comes to the point where the kernel
> becomes unstable often saying (as the first symptome) that there was
> "COPROCESSOR PROTOCOL VIOLATION". Still it is not fully reproducable.
> Sometimes the instability occurs as every single command returns with
> "segmentation fault" and so on.
>
> Usually it happens after the base system installation - during the process of
> preselected 'dselect' packages installation.
>
> Any clues?
>
> P.S. AmigaOS and NetBSD runs rock solid stable on the machine in question.

Regards
--

http://www.spatial.freeserve.co.uk