Re: install, XF86Config and co.

Napisane 12-Maj-99 przez: Michael Schmitz...

>> of installation. When dselect went to actual installation it cried that the
>> "available" file was not found in (here came the path it was looking for)
>> The
>> path ended with "/methods/multi_cd/". I found the freshly updated
>> "available"
>> file two levels up in the tree so I made a softlink to it and placed it in
>> the
>> proper dir. Being a seasoned unixalike systems user (IRIX, NetBSD) i could
>> do
>> it in moment but still it is not what a user should expect (especially a
>> novice one). The question is: Whom should I report the problem?

>File a bug against dselect. I've also used the multi-cd method, with
>CDs created from the official CD images, and did not encounter this
>problem.
>Give as much information as possible on your bug report as this doesn't
>seem to be a common bug.

Yes. I found out why it is not a "common bug". It happens whenever one answers
'scan' (as suggested in the infotext) to the questions where are the
"non_free", "non_US" and "local" packages. Whenever one answers 'none',
everything goes fine. In the first case though the script returns with an
error before finishing the "update" process and thus leaving the 'available'
file not accessible to the method.

--
      / /
     / /