Re: Performa 600

Dirk wrote:

> Yes, you´re right. Keyboard hangs either during or at the end of base install.
> Obviously I can´t figure out when exactly. But I tried to play a little around
> in a shell and the problem didn´t occur, even in more than an hour time.

Ok, that seems to hint at a different problem (assuming you played around
in the shell while the install was running??). Did you ever observe a hang
of the keyboard after just having the machine sit idle for a long while?

> So maybe your guess is reasonable that their might be some connection between the
> problem and the SCSI activity on my machine

Either that, or the ADB controller needs kicking once in a while to be
assured the CPU is still alive :-)

> ADB              : v1 - Egret 1 (IIsi style)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. These machines are notorious for
ADB trouble in Linux. And since I don't have such a box anymore (and ran
out of ideas to try while I still had one available for testing) all I can
do is advise you to type on your keyboard once in a while hoping it
won't happen that way.