Re: Installation Performa 600

Dirk wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I tried the "noblank" kernel, which
> worked fine, so that I can see now, where the keyboard driver
> hangs... The installation of the base system is finished and
> the installer is back in the main menu. I think the key to the
> problem can be found in the keyboard driver, because there are
> no other ADB units plugged to the system. I even removed the mouse.
> If someone has some further help I would be very pleased to hear.

Pass that by me once again: the base install finishes, the installer
returns back to the main menu. And the keyboard hangs right there?

That confirms my guess that the problem isn't related to the screen
blanking code. Thanks for reporting the results; I had pointed a
couple of other people to that kernel but no one ever got back to me.

The problem isn't related to the keyboard driver but to the underlying
ADB driver code. Seems the ADB driver locks up after heavy disk I/O
on that machine. What type of ADB controller does this Mac use (see
the hardware menu in the booter)?