Re: serial port question

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 08:36:10AM -0700, Malcolm Walker wrote:

> There is a bug in minicom.  Try running it, changing the port speed (from
> whatever it's set to to whatever you like, and back again), and doing the

Yes, that works.

> If you have a PPP link to your internet provider, you can use pon and poff
> to hook your machine up to the net.  Read PPP-HOWTO (and anything else
> that ends in HOWTO that catches your fancy, like Serial-HOWTO)

Whereas this does not work. While I can now use minicom, PPP dialers still
don't work. Is it possible to simulate what minicom did with the serial port
when toggling the port speed? I already tried using minicom and quitting it,
but regardless if I reset the modem or not when quitting the program PPP
dialers still don't get an answer from the modem.