hamm - network access problems

Hi,

  I got my network connection working.  The new kernel ( vmlinux-2.1.105-980708)
appears to work in the sense that I can "see the network" and ping machines.
However, whenever I try to telnet/ftp.  (The following was generated when I
tried to telnet to the machine from another machine)

Data write fault at 0xfc0d0054 in Super Data (pc=0xf37ca)
BAD KERNEL BUSERR
Oops: 00000000
PC: xxxx
SRE xxxx SP:xxxxx a2:xxx
d0: xxxx d1: xxxx d2: xxxx d3: xxxx
d4: xxxx d5: xxxx a0: xxxx a1: xxxx
Process swaooer (pid: 0, stackpage=xxxx)
Frame format
..
..
Stack From xxxx:
 ..
 ..
 ..
Call Trace:
 ..
 ..
 ..
Code: xxx xxx xxx xxx ...
Aiee, killing interrupt handler
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill the idle task!
In swapper task - not syncing

---
I assume something similiar happens when trying to ftp/telnet from the machine
(Mac IIci) however, it flashes the same message repeatedly, and I cannot read
it as it keeps scrolling by..

Thanks,

Ryan