Re: Asante ethernet card

>The first step should be to modify the Nubus code and try to probe the
>card as a Nubus card even though it's PDS. If that works, the existing
>ethernet driver will pick up the card and look for the 8390 chip. If that
>fails (I'm almost sure it will), either there is no such chip (your card
Michael,

    I do have two Mac's with these type of cards.  And, you are correct
in that they do "appear" as NuBus cards (they are phantom slots, and
mapped into memory space as tho' they were true NuBus cards, as far as
I understand it).  THis is the way in which these cards are supported
in NetBSD.  With some guidance here, I could help this along perhaps,
since I do have two machines with this type of card installed.

Paul