Re: a newer kernel for Debian/Mac?

Kuba Winnicki wrote:

> > Sort of. There should be a 981013 2.0 kernel, the last 2.1 is 980924.
> > What issues do you look for?
>
> mmm.. I really doubt the last 2.1 is from 24-sep-98, 'cause I've seen a topic
> on #linux68k/LinuxNET "party guys, 2.1.127 is out" just a week ago.

Read the message again. I believe he mentioned looking for a Mac kernel,
on the
Mac project FTP site. The last 2.1 kernel patched and compiled for Mac
is 2.1.120,
from exactly that date. Dave Kilzer and I are sending the occasional
patch to Jes
amd hope he doesn't forget them in the next release but I've no ambition
to keep up
with the pack (gave that up after 1.3.x) so Jes releasing one or two
levels ahead is
not unheard of.
So, in case someone thinks it's a shame that there's no 2.1.127 for Mac
yet: try
compiling it yourself.