Re: amigainstall.lha problem

*··· hi,*

> I want to install a Debian amiga-linux to an amiga1200 without fpu (with
> 68030 cpu).

Have you made sure that you get a kernel with FPU emulation? The FPU is a fairly important part, and
it`s a must to get one.

> 1. amigainstall.txt is probably obsolete or bad (it writes files that do
> not existing in the disks-m68k directories (rescue.lha))

That`s because it`s an old version of the proper text. Go to http://www.debian.org for info on
installing Linux for m68k. There`s a special install guide written by Frank Neumann for the Amiga (i
think it`s in the "Information" part of www.debian.org)

> 2. lha x amigainstall.lha on my i586 box says a crc error in the
> linuxamiga kernel binary.

You could have not fully downloaded the archive. I`ve had this error on my Amiga if i haven`t
totally downloaded an archive. If you`ve got AmFTP on the Amiga, then there`s an option to "resume"
downloading. My archive of amigainstall.lha is 2659270 bytes in size. Plus, it`s better to unarchive
it on you amiga since that way you can be sure that it isn`t some dodgy version of LhA on the intel
box. I`ve had this happen with a very dodgy port of tar for the Amiga. It totally screwed up my tar
archive.

later,
*stoO*
--