Re: Debian/Mac and serial ports

>To confirm your findings you could build a basic version of kermit
>(ftp.columbia.edu) and see if the results are the same (I suspect so).
>Maybe we could consult the author of the serial port source to see if it
>depends on the kind of port (make/model of the Mac)?
>
> wo> Hope this is helpful...its wierd, but its what it is..
Udo,

Thats a good point,,,I have not tried this with the ports on other than
the Q700 and Q650, but I will.  I expect it will act the same way tho'
because I don't think the ports are initialized at all during boot.  I
don't even think the script that should run, gets called, and I don't
know why.  It is there, and someone else said its in the right place
(that file I mentioned in the /etc/rc.boot) SHOULD execute, but does not.
I know that because the echo lines are not printed at boot time.  Never.

Paul