Re: debian 2 install

At 8:26 AM -0700 7/29/98, Sven wrote:
>> okas, thanx, so, i just need base2_0.tgz and amigainstall.lha to install
>> the BASE SYSTEM ???
>
>i don't know about that, it has been a long time since i installed my
>debian system,
>from hamm/unstable at the time, and i installed it 'by hand', the install
>script
>hanging during the untarring of the base.tar.gz (it use cpio and star and
>not tar and gzip,
>for place consideration i think.)

Marcello,

If you are going to do a new install, we need to update the documentation
for Debian 68k.  If it's not too much trouble, can you get
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/hamm/hamm/disks-i386/current/install.html
(or install.txt) and make some notations on the differences between what
you are going through and what is there?  I will gladly take those comments
(electronic or paper via snail-mail) and help in updating this for everyone
in the future.

Regards,

--
-- Grant Bowman                                   <grantbow@svpal.org>