Re: Unidentified subject!

"Christian T. Steigies" <exp114@physik.uni-kiel.de> writes:

> On 14 May 1998, Brederlow wrote:
>
> > > xfree86_3.3.2-4_m68k is available for testing on
> > > ftp://apserver.experimentalphysik.uni-kiel.de/anonymous/debian-m68k/xfree/
> >
> > I just put it up at my webserver today. :(
> "my" xfree on your webserver? why when where?
> Erlangens upload queue is a little slow, or is it master? Maybe the package
> will reach there even today. I dont think it will be installed today, so I
> simply leave it in incmoing?

Nope, my own one. The last version didn't install, so I tried this
one.

> > How did you work around "joystik.h" ? And did you include a sample
> I built without Joystick support.
> > XF86Config file for the framebuffer device? I found that the normal
> > build doesn't contain one.
> you mean this one? usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config.eg

Have a look at it. If it has a sample section for Framebuffer its the
right one. The one which got installed in /etc/X11/XF86Config didn't
contain the Framebuffer-device setup, so I dug out an old one.

> > I will do xemacs then, there is some problem with gettimeofday(), but
> > thats not to difficult to solve.
> I beg your pardon?

The configure is called with some config options that make the
gettimeofday() testrun fail. Without options (or with only the first
once) it runs smoothly. I'm still trying to locate the "faulty" one,
but I have to reconfigure for each try and there are quite a lot of
options given.

> Ciao,
> Christian.

May the Source be with you.