Re: preliminary, beta base2_0.tgz available

Michael Schmitz <SCHMITZ@LCBVAX.CCHEM.BERKELEY.EDU> writes:

> The bootdisks is another dark chapter

I've already answered this in private mail; but if you look at current
boot-floppies source, I don't think you'll be quite so pessimistic.

> What about using a patched 1.3 ramdisk until Bruce finishes the bootdisks?

[Ad nauseam ... ], as I said in pm, fine, it's sub-optimal, but if it
works, do it, I haven't got anything better to suggest.

> I'll try to work from perl-base and libnet; if nothing else works we'll have
> to add perl to the list of base packages.

That is *not* an option.

3026846 interpreters/perl_5.004.04-3.deb

And it installs to 7Mb on disk; we can not just add that to the base
set.  Or at least I don't consider an 11 disk (-> 22 Mb when
installed) base set an acceptable option.

> Do you need my patches to the boot-floppies disaster?

Only if they're relevant to non-bo source.

--
James