Re: uploading to m68k

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Frank Neumann wrote:
> Juergen wrote:
> > [CC to Guy Maor set!]
> [ditto]
[still... :-)]

> Personally, I rather dislike having to upload to US as it's just too plain
> slow for me from here

i know. it took me 2 weeks to upload the emacs packages... :-(

on the other hand: having two different places where people
move files in the distribution has some drawbacks, esp. if
files have to get moved from one section to another (as the
distribution maintainer decides, eg. think of the hkgerman
package).

if i understand some posts on debian-devel right there is an
upload facility running on a host in the uk (chiark? was it
Ian Jackson who set it up?), which simply forwards uploaded
files to the incoming area on master. if the tu-dresden could
set up such a service, i think this would be a good compromise.

my $0.02,
jjm

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 289 - 22387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!