Re: Beta-test start (fwd)

Hi,
Bruce Perens wrote:

> How much are you able to take from the boot-floppies package?

I have only read your scripts for packaging so far, not tried them. I think
the building of the base disks should work for us just fine without any
modifications to the scripts.

The boot disk will be different for each architecture, of course - so there
will be bootdisk-amiga and bootdisk-atari, which will have to be created
from scratch. We might use the help texts, though.

And the root disk might be another problem - for the Amiga, we have to choose
the least common denominator in floppy disk sizes, which is 880 KBytes.
I don't know if we'll be able to put all we need into that. Maybe we'll
need an additional disks which gets copied into RAM in the booting process
and is started as additional filesystem besides the root filesystem on
disk (is that possible at all?)

Frank

PS: master.debian.org is correctly resolved to the new master now. Thanks.

PPS: I wonder where uploads should go now if we don't use Dominik's upload
place in Mainz - I have found no incoming or project/m68k/incoming directory
on master.debian.org..?