Re: **** ARCHIVE MOVED TO MASTER SITE ****

Dominik Kubla wrote lately:

> The Debian/68k archive has been moved to the Debian master site and should
> be on every mirror site soon (give or take some days ...)

well done... ;-)

> PLEASE NOTE: From now on any upload _MUST_ be accompanied by a proper
> debian.changes file

hmm, could somebody please tell me what i should write in the changes
file? i have glaced through the shell script, and it seems to make
only sense for package maintainers, who normally upload source and
binary packages simultaneously.

IMHO there is missing some information about whether the source or
the binary package is updated, and if the later, for which arch is
this binary package created? you will need an "Architecture" field
consisting of i486/m68k/sparc/alpha or generic (for .deb's like
dchanges-*.deb, which are usable on all architectures).

what i also propose is some support for binary-only releases. such a
binary-only release might consist of two files, the .deb file (with
the real binary package) and a .diff.gz file relative to the debian
source package, which lists the changes that are needed to get the
binary package built (for that arch).

> please download the dchanges package and install it
> (not yet available as m68k package - could somebody please fix that problem)

well, as it only is a shell script the binary-package for the
intel's might work for this package too. ;-)

(well it will run, i don't think it is useful at the moment ;-)))

jjm

[could someone please forward this to debian-devel? i'm not on the
list, so i might not post there.]

--
Juergen Menden                   | Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me,
tel:    +49 (89) 2105 - 2387     +-----------+ are (usually) not the opinions

Hi! I'm a .signature virus!  Add me to your .signature and join in the fun!