Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for bits.debian.org about sponsors for DC15

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 01:34:29PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 8 de noviembre de 2014 07:48:10 GMT+01:00, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> >also sprach Laura Arjona Reina <larjona@larjona.net> [2014-11-07 15:14
> >+0100]:
> >> The updated proposal is in the same place:
> >> http://whiteboard.debian.net/bits_blogpost_sponsors_dc15_1.wb
> >
> >Great. Let's get this reviewed and push it out on Monday morning
> >— before we get the next two or more sponsors already in the queue.
> >
> >Can you handle this this weekend?
> >

> My only time slot probably is Sunday morning, 9 - 11:00 UTC.
> I'll use that time to send the text or patch or whatever to Ana + publicity. If you have reviews/changes, please do them before Sunday.

Hi Laura,

I had a quick chat with madduck today in #-publicity when he asked feedback
about publishing this tomorrow Sunday or Monday. I'm fine with publishing
on Monday, but there a couple of points I consider important:

Sunday is the worst possible day to publish something because more people away
from Internet and in Monday they read everything quickly. Also, Tuesday is a
holiday in some countries (e.g. USA, Belgium, France) so if we do it on
Thursday we will have a more wider network effect.

If you want to publish another post in the future thanking future sponsors,
it will be in at least in a couple of months, so it's probably a good
idea update the post with all the last minute sponsors or it will take
some time until you thank them.

Ana