Re: Scholarships

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 6:15 AM, martin f krafft <madduck@debconf.org> wrote:
> Some of us met last night and agreed that it's too late for the
> scholarships to be listed as perks in the brochure

As per IRC, at the same meeting, azeem, conny, and me came to the
conclusion that a specific definition of what "diversity" means would
be the only thing needed to make this palatable to decision makers. An
extra package _on top_ of, say, bronze or silver, may appeal to some
potential sponsors as long as they know what we actually _mean_.

Based on numbers of the top of marga's head, I wrongstimate about
€1000 per "average" attendee for travel, food, and accommodation.
Obviously, this varies wildly, but this aligns with the average travel
cost for DC14 and the projected food & accommodation cost for DC15.

Richard