Re: I want to help

Hi Jathan

On 5 de septiembre de 2014 05:18:15 GMT+02:00, jathan <jathanblackred@openmailbox.org> wrote:
>On 04/09/14 02:30, martin f krafft wrote:
>> also sprach jathan <jathanblackred@openmailbox.org> [2014-09-02 11:28
>-0700]:
>>> It could be reading and making observations in documents,
>>> publicity, social media,
>>
>> I think Debian needs a lot more help in these areas. However, we
>> should do that work in Debian, not every time again for every single
>> DebConf.
>>
>> Would you be interested in working there? Or are you specifically
>> interested in DebConf15?
>>
>Hi :) Yeah, you are right Martin. I agree with you when you say "we
>should do that work in Debian, not every time again for every single
>DebConf" because I recognize that my initiative would seem in that way
>and I have been interested in get involved in Debian Project directly
>of
>course ;) The matter is that over the last three years the road has not
>been easy to get involved as I would for different reasons or "excuses"
>because of live in Mexico and be a lower middle class guy that parallel
>to study sociology in university, became interested in know how to use
>technically Free Software and Debian knowing hardly anything about
>computers at the beginning, besides other activities as working.
>
>My main interest is to be a Debian package maintainer or developer of
>some area in Debian by the technical side, because I like more use the
>CLI, compile source code and learn this kind of stuff, but document
>myself with the whole procedure and learn the necessary knowledge to
>get
>involved in these activities, has been too slow for me because of
>everything else and not having certain skills before.
>
>By that reason and by the moment I have had the opportunity to
>collaborate with some po-debconf templates in the Debian spanish
>translation team, I have participated organizing Debian Day as
>coordinator during the last 4 years in Mexico City and giving some
>talks
>and workshops about Debian, promoting Debian in FLISOL events and
>installing Debian on each computer that is possible since 2009. Also I
>have participated in DebCon12 as volunteer in FrontDesk and VideoTeam
>beyond the interviews that I made for my research. Maybe this will not
>contribute directly to Debian as developer, but I do what I can for now
>and always with the greatest enthusiasm ;)
>
>It is good to know that Debian needs a lot more help in the areas that
>you say. I will get more involved since now and even in next DebConf's
>that I can not attend because I am finishing university and I will have
>more time for stay in touch and do more for Debian. Finally I am
>attending DebConf15 because this year I will have enough money at least
>for the plane ticket if job keeps well, unlike two years ago to
>Vaumarcus and the last one in Portland because of not be on time for
> [...]

I am member of the Spanish team too, translating the website. I contribute to Debian there, in the www and publicity team, but less than what I would like to and definitely less than what you already contribute. Congrats!

This is the things that are on my mind about social media/publicity, maybe we can do them together or distribute work or think more ideas:

* follow this list (I'm doing it, mostly lurking, but I keep myself informed)
* join the channels at IRC (summer quite away from keyboard, but from now on I'll do it)
* read the wiki pages about debconf15 organization (pending!)
* propose messages to be published by the Debian official microblogging account, or write paragraphs about dc15 for the Debian Project News... Be a human link between DC15 organisation and the Publicity team. More info about how to do that here: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Publicity
* Mirror/repeat/promote the info that produces the DC15 team (blog posts, news...) and the official Debian identi.ca account in the social networks where I am present: pump.io and GNUSocial.
* Translate the sponsorship brochure (when it's ready) and maybe other relevant info or announces into Spanish (probably English and German are enough, but Spanish is one language that opens the door of almost one continent, and it's not much work anyway). Maybe put workforce in translating the Debian Project News these year can do the job: half the work (short news) and double results (for dc15 and debian promotion).

Any help in those tasks is welcome, plus the tasks that I suppose are in the wiki (I'll read them tonight) plus any other thing you imagine. Areas that I'll not cover and so, help would be double welcome: Facebook, Twitter, Google+ (I don't use them), tasks needed in the days of the conference (quite probably that I cannot attend).

Feel free to ping me in the Debian IRC channels (I'm larjona) or by mail, in Spanish or English.

Regards
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

--
Enviado desde mi teléfono Android con K-9 Mail. Disculpa mi brevedad