Replacing sponsors-table

Hey folks,

sponsors-table is a bit of a nightmare. What we're doing here is
a poor man's CRM in a text file. Yes, we can version it with Git,
and it has worked in the past, but there's room for improvement.

We have some overlap between the DC15 project team and the folks
organising FrOSCon, which is one of the larger German events. They
use a web-based system where sponsor data is tracked in records (the
sponsors can even update their data if they want, and upload media
files etc.) and the team can attach workflow notes to each sponsor.
I think they even do invoices with the system.

This is probably not too hard to whack up in Django, which we're
using now for DC14 anyway, especially if we keep things simple (e.g.
single text field for the entire address, etc.).

Do you have thoughts on this? What would you like the system to do
better than sponsors-table?

Or is this a no-go because we are married to sponsors-table and all
love it so much that we would never want to do things differently?

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf14: Portland, OR, USA:   http://debconf14.debconf.org
      DebConf15: Heidelberg, Germany: http://debconf15.debconf.org