Re: Buying less than 100 % food in HD

Hi,

> One way would be to ask attendants to specify on which nights they want to
> eat at the venue, and then to hand out tickets accordingly, which we
> (volunteers!) collect at the lunch/dinner queue.

I think we've seen in Banja Luca that this doesn't work - thinkgs like
prinding tickets and giving them out does not scale - also usually people want
their tickets 2 minutes before lunch/dinner becuase they forgot about it
earlier, so there will be a huge pile up...

> However, this isn't trivial as it requires people to make decisions
> up-front, which they won't be willing or able to do (a lot of "let's go to
> town for dinner" happens spontaneously). Furthermore, this requires us to
> staff volunteers for each meal…

And people who prepare the tickets, give them out... and so on.

> Can you think of other ways?
>
> If we don't find a solution here, we have to pay 100 % of the food. Whether
> uneaten food gets thrown out is another question, but we certainly won't be
> able to save.

Not sure if the hostel is willing to do it, but my idea would be:
- - the hostel cooks for 100% of the people which are attending to the
conference according to penta
- - we pay the normal price for the meals which were actually eaten by
conference attendees
- - we pay a reduced price for the meals which are left over, but instead of
throwing them away the hostel passes them on to the 'heidelberger tafel e.V.'.

So we pay a bit less without having to do a huge extra amount of work - and we
are doing something good for people who are not able to pay for their daily food.

Cheers,

Bernd

- --