Re: Artwork jobs DC14

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Patty Langasek <harmoney@dodds.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 08:18:25AM -0300, ValessioBrito wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
> Hello!
>
>> How are the graphics work for DebConf14? How can I help?
>
> I'm so glad you asked! I haven't had a chance to pull together everything we
> need for artwork and such, and I intend to at the end of this week, as well
> as look for volunteers to help make it happen.
>
> Matto created the logo we're using, and he has a few variations to help with
> color concerns. I'm hoping he'll have time to also assist any artwork team
> (which I hope, Valessio, you're working on!!) get everything completed.
>
>> Create a page: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14/Artwork
>
> Again, as soon as I get a few spare minutes, I will. Otherwise, please feel
> free.
>
>> Banners, Magazine Ad, T-shirt (colors?), ...
>
> We'll have 2 different sizes of banners, I believe. I'm working from the
> Swiss measurements, but will naturally be sourcing them locally, so I don't
> have specific sizes in mind yet. They will be 4-C, and the larger size will
> have our logo as well as the gold and platinum sponsors' logos.
>
> The smallers size will only be our logo and the platinum sponsor's logo.
>

> Magazine ad, Brian - remind me, what was the size of that? 1/2 page? Full
> page? 4color.

It was a full page ad with two two different media sponsors. (Guessing since
they are color magazines, color can be assumed, but this this will be the first
time I am involved in the ads, so I'm not 100% sure.)

If anyone on -team has worked with the ad sponsors before, perhaps they
might remember. If not I can ask again, but would prefer a -team answer if
possible.  (If I don't get a reply shortly, I will start a separate
thread with an
appropriate subject.)