Re: DC14 C&W venue status

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:11:44PM -0800, tony mancill wrote:

> Thanks for working on this.  I think we'd have OLCC issues (for those
> not from this area, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission) anywhere (even
> in the countryside), so having servers at a private event at Puppet Labs
> seems like the most preferable option.  (And my 0.02, I'd rather bring
> my glass to a server and ask for a pour than have a 1oz./30mL in a
> little sample cup.)  If we spread the servers around to several tables
> and interleave those with multiple cheese tables, it should be a nice party.

I'm so sorry for the late response; this week has been a train wreck for me.
:(

What if we looked at the possiblity of hosting in Vancouver? We'd have to
find transportation across the river, but we'd effectively side-step the
OLCC crap.

> Disclaimer:  The only C&W party I've attended was at Debconf10, so
> perhaps I didn't experience the full potential of self-serve C&W, but
> having servers there wouldn't have been an issue for me.

DC10 was pretty typical for the C&W party.

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski