Re: [Debconf-team] DC14 C&W venue status

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 07:08:59AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> > According to Gunnar, the 9PM curfew is a major problem as the C&W
> > usually *begin* around 7-8PM.  I believe having the party indoors is the
> > only way to overcome this limitation.  I'm curious about DC10 C&W —
> > Indoors? Or outdoors and penalized by draconian US alcohol and crowd
> > laws? :P

> I'd suggest handling the party indoors if it's handled on the
> campus. Some C&W were partly outdoors (C&W9 and 12, to some extent
> 13...) but the main venue was indoor (except C&W9....but we had a
> backup option of handling it indoor)

The party will NOT be on campus.  Alcohol can only be served at on-campus
events by the university's designated caterers (who send out licensed
bartenders).  I'm sure you can see how this is not compatible with the C&W
party we've all come to know and love. :)