Re: DC14 C&W venue status

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 07:01:57PM -0800, Gerald Turner wrote:
> South Park Blocks¹:
>   * 9PM curfew

> Director Park⁴:

>   * 10PM curfew if Friday or Saturday, otherwise 9PM

> According to Gunnar, the 9PM curfew is a major problem as the C&W
> usually *begin* around 7-8PM.  I believe having the party indoors is the
> only way to overcome this limitation.  I'm curious about DC10 C&W —
> Indoors? Or outdoors and penalized by draconian US alcohol and crowd
> laws? :P

The curfews actually rule the park options out completely. These parties
historically go on until midnight or later, and it's not realistic to expect
them to end before 10pm (9pm, actually, since we usually have the party at
the beginning of the week for ...  cheese freshness reasons).

DC10 found ... alternative arrangements that are not available to us
through PSU. Unless Bart can help with that, which I sincerely doubt he can.

I think we should approach this more like a big celebration
(wedding/anniversary/other big party) and find a nearby venue we can rent
out for a private party that doesn't require specific catering. Gerald, do
you mind seeing if there is such a monster in the PSU area?

Thanks!
Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski