Re: [Debconf-team] Proposal for sponsorship levels (and registration fees) for DC14

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 02:32:13PM -0700, Patty Langasek wrote:

>> And if we did this, it shouldn't be too hard to find people who have had
>>  reusable grocery bag styles made for their businesses locally, and get the
>>  contact information on who made them.
>
>>  The only concern I have is the 'attendee expectation' concern. Bear in
>>  mind that many attendees are used to receiving a bag of some sort that
>>  they can toss their laptop or devices in and wander around.  These styles
>>  aren't made for that.
>
> True for DC8, 12, 13; not true for DC4 (bag too small), 6, 7, 9 (no bags at
> all that I remember?), 10 (grocery bag), 11 (no bag that I remember).
>
> Anyone who arrives at a conference assuming that someone there will provide
> them with a way to carry their laptop from place to place has planned
> poorly. :)

If we can agree on a budget of $1500-2000, and agree to minimum
bikeshedding with whatever I come up with, I volunteer to research and
coordinate the bags.

(I'm currently thinking of canvas tote bags that are larger and a step
up in quality from what we did for DC10, but don't hold me to it.)

The only support I believe I'll need from local team, is:
1) Help with dealing with graphics from the designer of the conference logo
2) Assistance with shipping logistics. (Where and when to send them.)

If we can agree on this, I think we are good for sponsorship
levels/benefits, with one exception. (We still need confirmation from
our media sponsors that they are willing to offer the free ads again,
before we can finalize that benefit, as I don't believe paying for a
thank you ad makes sense. I wrote to them last night, so that
confirmation should come one way or another soon.)

Cheers,
Brian