Re: [Debconf-team] getting started on the DebConf14 website

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 03:10:33PM -0700, Allison Randal wrote:
> Hi all,

> A few things that come to mind, for a flavor of Portland or more
> generally Pacific Northwest:

> - bridges
> - city skyline
> - Mt. Hood (though 2013 was mountains, so aim for distinction)
> - evergreens
> - bicycles

> And leaning toward an "organic" pallette of greens, blues, browns,
> and a touch of the Debian pink.

If you haven't seen the wonderful logo Matto whipped up for us, I think it
has a great start for a palette them in blues and greens, with hood in the
background.

We have the "official" DC14 logo wandering around here somewhere in all its
Inkscape glory, but Steve will have to point to that (and I think the dates
will need altered before pushing that logo out to the world).  I put up a
preview on my G+ page(0).

Thanks for spearheading this, Allison!! This part of the hosting was
honestly intimidating the crap out of me. :)

(0) https://plus.google.com/103374711300866358062/posts/cGKJVpgZGiK

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski