getting started on the DebConf14 website

Hi all,

One thing that came up in the sponsors-team meeting today is that it's incredibly valuable for sponsors to have at least a one-page website for the conference before we start actively reaching out to them. The target for this would be October 31st.

I did the initial site for DebConf13, and am happy to do the one for DebConf14, but I'm also happy to recruit any other or additional voluteers. :)

All we really need to kick it off are a "theme" to seed the logo and color pallette. The structural templates were almost identical from 2012 to 2013, despite the radically different look, and can easily serve another year with another reskin.

A few things that come to mind, for a flavor of Portland or more generally Pacific Northwest:

- bridges
- city skyline
- Mt. Hood (though 2013 was mountains, so aim for distinction)
- evergreens
- bicycles

And leaning toward an "organic" pallette of greens, blues, browns, and a touch of the Debian pink.

Anyone have other thematic elements, colors, or thoughts on the website or logo? I can start playing with a few "style tiles" and pass them around for people to comment on.

Allison